1. What this privacy notice covers
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain if and how Birkenhead English, secures, shares, and uses personal information that it collects and receives from you through its website (www.birkenheadenglish.com) , other forms of electronic information (such as e-mail) and normal business activity. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or our practices, please see Section 11 “Contact Us”.
2. What personal information does Birkenhead English collect?
We collect information in the following ways:
1. We maintain a CRM that may contain your individual contact details. This CRM is also linked to all e-mails that we have exchanged. This is generally limited to people that we have had actual contact with through emails, conversations and texts.
2. As a potential or actual student or client, we may collect personal information from you. This may be in the form of notes from conversations, e-mail exchanges, texts, surveys, or score reports and studying history that you have provided to us.
3. In order to send out newsletters and updates about our services, we collect e-mail addresses of individuals and companies that we have had contact with.
4. Our website and mail campaign applications include analytics (such as Google Analytics) which variously provide usage information.
3. How does Birkenhead English use your personal information?
Birkenhead English may use the information it collects from you for any lawful purpose, including, without limitation, for providing products and services, identification and authentication, service operation, analytics and improvements, support, contact, marketing and promotions, research, and anonymous reporting. We may combine automatically collected Information with other information we collect about you. In each case, that does not directly identify you as a person but, may still identify your device or indirectly identify you, to improve site functionality and the services we offer you, and for service and both internal and external marketing analytics.
4. Who does Birkenhead English share your personal information with?
As teachers and educational consultants, confidentiality and privacy of our students’ and clients' information is one of our greatest considerations. We will not share any information about you or your company without your express and explicit consent. We may occasionally use a situation or example from an engagement with you and / or your company to highlight a problem and how we helped resolve it. In this case, we maintain absolute anonymity for you and your company. Unless we have explicit permission to name you and / or your company, we will not do so.
5. How long does Birkenhead English retain your personal information?
We retain much of our electronic information (such as emails, lesson plans and notes, completed and corrected work) indefinitely. We retain past lessons information for reference purposes. We destroy (fine-cut shred) all hand written information about lessons, students and clients within 12 months of the conclusion of lessons, a consultation or a project.
6. Does Birkenhead English transfer your personal Information outside the country?
Birkenhead English (based in Ottawa, Canada) uses a variety of data storage and cloud-based applications. We are constrained to the individual data protection policies and provisions of the various service providers, including where they are based and where they have their servers. However, in selecting which applications to use, we take reasonable steps to assure ourselves that they are operating in accordance with current industry best practice.
7. How does Birkenhead English keep your personal information safe?
We take reasonable steps to put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the integrity and security of personal information about you and to prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing of personal information and the accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal information. These measures include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store data. However, data transmissions over the Internet and methods of electronic storage are not 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. If Birkenhead English learns of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
8. What are your privacy rights?
If you have any questions about the information that we are keeping on you or your company, please contact us and we will do our best to answer your questions.
9. Third party features, services, links and apps
10. Changes to this privacy notice
Birkenhead reserves the right to revise, modify, or update this notice at any time.
11. Contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about this notice, please contact us at [email protected]
12. Change log
2018 August 17 - Initial Issue